Big Muddy Off Road Tie Down With Ergonomic Black Rubber Handle Ratchet
Big Muddy with black rubber handle ratchet! Designed with the off-road enthusiast in mind, the Big Muddy™ can accommodate large, oversized tires. With a working load limit of 3,333 lbs, you can ensure your rig is secure!
Choosing Your End Hardware
We have four end hardware options to choose from. These include twisted snap hooks, flat hooks, wire hooks, and chain end anchors. Please carefully consider which hardware will work best for your trailer.
Note: The photos above show twisted snap hooks. If you need more information on the other end hardware options, please click on the applicable link below:
Flat Snap Hook
The Big Muddy™ also works great for securing tractors!
Assembly Working Load Limit: 3,333 lbs (WLL could be less depending on tie-down point or other hardware used)
- 2-inch heavy-duty webbing has a breaking strength of 12,000 lbs
- Uses strong, heavy-duty hardware on both ends
- Adjustable center strap (16 inches long with 3-inch loops) allows the ratchet strap to be fed through and positioned on many sizes of tires
- Uses our ergonomic black rubber handle ratchet
- Ratchet fixed end is shortened to keep hardware away from wheel and vehicle
- Available in 10 color options
- Can be used with E-track or L-track (track sold separately)
- Center strap is removable, allowing you to use it as a regular ratchet strap
- Custom lengths available
Disclaimer: Color swatches are a representation of strap color and not exactly what the webbing will look like.
How to Use the Big Muddy™
- Connect the adjustable end of the strap to your anchor point and feed the strap through one loop of the center piece.
- Place the strap behind the wheel and feed through the other end of the loop so the center piece is resting a bit over the center of the wheel.
- Connect the ratchet end to a second anchor point and feed the strap through the ratchet like a traditional ratchet strap and tighten it.
- You may need to adjust the center part of the strap or how the strap sits behind the tire as you tighten it.
Images, including webbing colors, are only a representation of products. Actual product is subject to variation. Most webbing colors come stenciled with "Cargo Equipment" unless you are ordering a custom stencil with your company name or logo.
It is vital to read and understand all safety warnings and precautions prior to using a tie down or other cargo control device. Please download the Synthetic Tie Down Safety Bulletin for more details.